This post is back from juni, 2018 but I just kept it as a draft. So here you go! If you have ad ons – let me know!
- SHARE A TAXI – they’ll just screw you and demand double payment because “you should have taken two taxis“. Sarajevo taxi is the worst.
- ORDER FOOD with “gladne oči” – otherwise you’ll have leftovers and when you say no thanks to have “to go” they’ll give you the look as “what a bastard”. You should eat up! 😝 I’ve tried this with buregđinica, and let me tell you, I felt so shamed that I said I’d never go back again 😂 but yet I did years later.
- ŽIČARA – it was ok to try and see but there’s nothing up there! It’s crazy expensive for foreigners (20 KM), while for locals it’s cheap (6 KM). It’s a beautiful view but you can get it from different places in Sarajevo f.x. Park Princeva, Avaz etc.
- PHOTOS – don’t take photos of random people – maybe it sound logical but it’s not logic to everyone. This is true, so I’m not trying to offend anyone. Chinese paparazzi know you manners. Yes, people can be interesting because they are different than you, but you shouldn’t go around and chase them with the camera.
- CAKES – don’t be fooled by the looks of cakes in the windows! It often looks of much more than it tastes. If you really don’t some delicious pastry try Mrvica.
- BABIES – keep them insight! People here will be nosy and “know it all”. E.g. If your child doesn’t wear sock on a hot summer day. Gosh!
.There are certainly DOs (here) too but that’s not my intentions here. Last year got me fed up with Bosnian mentality. Everything was off – nothing that surprised me except from what happened to my child! Read here.